I know that you have to be away for work right now, and I really shouldn’t complain because it could be worse than you being gone during the week–even if it’s lasting 9 weeks. You could be in the military, or be an international spy, or we could be in a cross-country relationship or something outlandish like that. But let me tell you something–I think I’ve completely forgotten what a good night’s sleep feels like. And I’ve come up with several possibilities as to why I can’t sleep without you: It could be that the lack of a warm body next to me is throwing off my normal night time temperature. Or that the random noises freak me out because if it is a burglar or a possum that can climb up 3 stories I will have no one to defend my sleeping self, so I have to stay awake to fend off said possum. But really, I think it’s because this stupid bed is too big.
I can’t seem to make myself sleep in the middle. I’ve tried. But it just feels weird. I like to stick my foot out of the covers sometimes when I get too hot, and I can’t do that if I’m in the middle. So I stay on my regular side, but that also feels awkward without you on your side. Any way you slice it, it’s awkward, and I don’t like it. This is my official protest. For the record. On the internet. I want to say ‘lawyered’ here but it doesn’t really apply… Piddle.
So as I lay there, not sleeping last night, I thought of a few more reasons why I love you (despite the fact that you have abandoned me). Here goes.
61. We were on the phone last night when I took my sweet potatoes out of the oven. Naturally I started to talk to them, saying things like “Are you done, sweet potatoes?” and you laughed and said “You’re just so cute.”
62. You surprised me on my birthday when I thought you were going to be stuck working all day.
63. Then, when I fell asleep on the couch, you did all of the dishes and took out the trash.
64. You crack my back when you give me a really big hug.
65. You don’t mind that I drunk dialed you at 2:30 on Saturday night, because my voicemail said “I love you to bits. Did you know that? Because I really really do.” It was slurred and possibly in a British accent, but you got the point.
66. I’m your best friend.
67. The way you rant at the television when I put on ‘White Collar’ because you don’t think it’s realistic.
68. The way you rant in general. I find it extremely sexy.
69. You saw a chandelier somewhere made out of beer bottles and asked me if we could make one. If that wasn’t enough, when I said, “For our future basement..?” You said “No, formal dining room. Yes, the basement.” I ❤ sarcasm.
70. This is your profile picture on Facebook: