Like many of you, I have noticed a large hair trend afoot. Big, high buns. It kind of reminds me of the messy buns that I would spend a solid half hour perfectly mussing up back in high school (paired with my Soffee shorts and white t-shirt under a colored t-shirt with the sleeves folded over. I had super sophisticated style in high school, obviously). Granted it looks 80,000 times better than my high school messy bun. Why, you ask? There is a secret hidden in my bun–a sock! I know, it sounds super strange. When I came in last week I went up to my co-workers and said “I have a sock in my hair” and they just looked at me like I was having a nervy b (Sidenote: a ‘nervy b’ is a nervous breakdown. Whoever understands the reference will be my new best friend. Hint: It’s from a British book series that was made into an awesome Nickelodeon movie that my friend illegally burned for me. It’s awesome. I wish I was British. Sorry for the de-railing).
Anyhoo, I have a sock in my hair. I took one of the Hubbster’s mismatched dress socks and went through the following steps:
1) cut off the toe of the sock
2) rolled the tube in on itself until it resembled a donut
3) put my hair into a high pony
4) put the pony through the hole of the sock donut
5) spread the end of the pony so it went around the edges of the donut, and rolled the donut down toward my head, tucking the hair underneath the edges and making sure the donut was covered
6) pinned it to my head and pulled slightly to loosen and create a “messy” look
I wish I could take credit for being a brilliant mastermind and coming up with this super easy way to trick people into thinking I have enough thick, voluptuous hair for a bun, but I can’t. It was Mr. Kate over at HelloGiggles. See her original instructions and video here and have fun!