Soo thanks to either something I ate, or a mild case of the flu (still undecided) I was up most of the night/early morning forming an everlasting bond of friendship with my toilet bowl. Sheila and I had quite a night. Yep, that’s the kind of bond we now have. I’ve named her Sheila. I’m sure you don’t want to know the particulars, so I’ll just say that this morning I was both exhausted and still feeling fairly nauseous, so I did not go to work.
Normally staying at home and watching too much TV is the only good part of being sick. But today it just made it worse. It’s my co-worker’s 30th birthday, and since our office was closing at 2pm for Good Friday, we were free to go enjoy ourselves in an early happy hour. It has been gorgeously (almost tauntingly) sunny all day, and they’re all up on a rooftop getting tipsy in honor of all things Greg, while I’m stuck at home.
Damn you, Sheila.
I’m sorry, Shelia. It’s not your fault. I didn’t mean to blow up like that. Thank you for being there for me in my time of need.
Anyhoo, since I’m stuck at home, I decided to cross some things off of my Netflix Instant Queue that I know the Hubbster won’t like. First pick: Mystic Pizza. Yes, I know, you can’t believe I haven’t seen Mystic Pizza before. It’s just one of those movies that has slipped through the cracks over these 24 years of living and watching other important things (like Space Jam). Here are my thoughts:
1) I love Jo. Love love love her. I know they put Julia Roberts on the DVD cover because she is now more famous than the other two, but c’mon. I would’ve watched a movie all about Jo. She cracks my shit.
2) Hiding cans of Miller Lite off the side of your boat does not make you a “god.” Hiding cans of Heineken does.
3) Why doesn’t every movie soundtrack over-do it on the saxophone solos these days? We should bring that back.
4) Were condoms not ubiquitous in the 80s? Or was Kat just really that naive? Something to ponder.
5) Kudos to you Julia for finding a guy who didn’t break up with you after dumping 2 barrels of fish stink into his Porsche. They can be very touchy about their cars.
6) Bill is so sweet. Like he’s just a sweet guy. And I don’t know why Jo got mad when he changed his boat name to Nympho. I thought it was hilarious.
7) Well hello, Matt Damon!!! Seriously, I had no idea he was in this! And he was funny. Kind of stole the scene. Though I can’t decide if it’s because he’s just that talented or because I kept going “Holy crap, that’s Matt Damon!” in my head.
8) I like movies that drop multiple f-bombs. It feels more realistic to life. At least my life, because I swear like a sailor.
9) I’m glad Kat didn’t take that money from Tim. What a tool. Though she was pretty dumb to sleep with him, I gotta say it.
10) I think I need to watch this movie with Emma. And a bottle of wine. I think there could be a drinking game hidden in there somewhere…