Oh my goodness!! I can’t even explain what a whirwind the last two months have been for me. When I decided to start this here blog, I never dreamed it would get such a great response–let alone so quickly! First, I was Freshly Pressed for my HIMYM post and promptly peed myself with joy. If that wasn’t enough attention for me, I was contacted by a reporter at the Wall Street Journal to get my thoughts on red lipstick because of this post, and they actually printed what I had to say! So weird. And now I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I’d like to thank Storyteller in the Digital Age for nominating me, I’m so thrilled! I’d also like to thank all of my other followers and random passers by of my blog. It is completely and overwhelmingly awesome being able to share my craziness and coffee addiction with you every day. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Alright. Enough cheese! Here are the Versatile Blogger rules:
Rule #1: Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post. Check.
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself. Hmmmm. I guess I can do that. It’s not like you guys already know everything about me. Oh wait. You do… But here’s some more!
1) I love lemons. Like, love love love love love lemons. I feel like lemon juice makes everything better. Plus, they’re so pretty and yellow!
2) I hate realistic photos. The more it looks like something is happening right in front of me, the more I hate it. I like photos to look like they’ve been sitting in a box for 20 years. And were possibly polaroids. There’s something old timey and romantic about it. It’s probably why I’m addicted to Instagram.
3) I have an absurd number of sweaters. I don’t even want to go in and count them because I’m afraid. But it’s definitely more than 30. Maybe more than 40… In any event, I could go many, many days without wearing the same sweater. But I love them, so I don’t care.
4) I hate peanut butter. Always have. The smell basically makes me want to vomit. And it really grosses me out when the Hubbster leaves a knife with peanut butter on it in the sink. I don’t even want to touch it. Ick. I shudder just thinking about it…
5) I’ve had a teddy bear since I was about 2 or 3 years old. I don’t remember ever not having him. His name is Honey Joe, and I slept with him every single night when I was a kid (and possibly through college… eh, screw possibly. It happened). I left him at a sleepover once when I was 8, and my dad had to go there and get it when they put me to bed the next night because I refused to sleep without him. He’s in our hall closet right now. I whip him out if the Hubbster’s not here because I need something to snuggle with.
6) I have two tattoos, and I really want another one. They’re addicting. People tell you that, and you don’t believe them. You’re all like “Pfff, I just want one, I’m far superior to you weak people who can’t stop after one” but you’re wrong. My first is an eighth note on my left hip, representing my love for music. My second is the letters “elb” on my wrist. They’re my sister’s initials. She has “elb ❤ jab” on her wrist. The plan was just to get “elb” on my wrist and “jab” on hers, but she went off plan when we got to the tattoo shop. I don’t mind though, because they let me draw the heart. I didn’t tattoo it on her or anything (holy shit that would scare me) but I drew it out and they used it to make the stencil thingy.
7) I ramble. A lot. Just in case you didn’t notice…
Rule #3: Pass this award along 15 or 20. Alright. I’ve only been blogging since January 25th, so I haven’t had as much opportunity to troll the community for awesome blogs as I’d like, but there are a few that I’ve found that I can’t wait to read every day.
The Satirical Times–to soothe my political inklings
Ring Finger Tan Line–for great recipes and snark
Katie Is A Teacher–because kids say funny shit
Haute Thought–to discover new music
Erica Lee Style–to drool over gorgeous photographs that I wish I had taken myself
Rule #4: Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. Consider it done. As soon as I finish this thing right here, which will be soon. So, consider it done very soon.